Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Done and Done

Check SpellingWell, well!

The recital is done, and that feels great! Had my last in class playing on Friday past, and that was helpful for final tune ups and refining. Though there was only so much I could do before the recital on Sunday.

It was really cool hearing everyones pieces in the hall. It was great to hear effects and ideas that couldn't be expressed in the tiny classroom...like the resonance of playing into the grand piano. And just being able to hear the pieces in the acoustic context of the hall!

Now onto writing for voice...Not entirely sure what poem or text I'm going to set, but when I think of what I'd like I can't help but think of children's stories or something along those lines.

It'll be so nice to get this final score done and put this piece behind me!

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment