Thursday, November 19, 2009

Well well.

Last week had the beginnings of my piece 'Hippos Hope' played. It went over well, got some great feedback on considerations for furthering my 'quirky-waltz-feel'. Eastern European rhythms, fragmenting melodic sections, and steal from fellow class mates!

However, sitting down this evening has been FRUSTRATING!!!!!

I spent about two hours in a practice room earlier, trying to further the piece, but came out with the same amount that I walked in with. Everything I thought of, wrote down, plugged into Sibelius, or played just didn't work! None of it did. I had to put it all away for the night, because I wasn't feeling very positive about it. So I'm not going to have anything new for tomorrow's class, which is a bummer, but hopefully I can squeeze in before my next playing early next week...

Sometimes I feel kinda confined as to what I can write. And transitionary tags or sections always throw me for a loop. Aaaaand, composing for more than just two instruments presents it's challenges too! As of right now the piano doesn't have much of a role, and I'd like to change that.

Anywho...
That's it for tonight.
Happy composing errbody!

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment